Monday, September 19, 2016

Weekly Update~ "The Rwanda Zone is Growing!"



Dear Family and Friends, 

This week was extremely busy as transfer weeks usually are, but I first wanted to briefly express my gratitude for Elder Nambale being my companion these last 6 weeks. It was such a blessing to be able to work with him for a second transfer after a small break. His love for the people and others is unmatched, and in turn, the love people have for him is obvious. I'm going to miss him but, I know he is going to do a great job training and he will finish his last two transfers strong.
Elder Nambale and RJ
The Rwanda zone now has 12 missionaries including a sister missionary companionship. Each branch now has 2 companionships which has brought an increased excitement for missionary work among the members. We are all excited as well. On Saturday at K2, the branch planned an Open House that they organized and ran all by themselves. They pulled us 4 missionaries into the branch president's office and briefed us on what was going to happen, gave us an assignment to welcome people in at the front gate, and they went to work. I was so extremely proud of our members. The auxiliaries did a wonderful job organizing everything together and we had a simple but, sweet program followed by refreshments at the end. Multiple times throughout the activity, Elder Gillett came up to me just shocked and amazed at what was going on. This branch in K2 has come so far in so few months it is really exciting. 
K2 Branch Open House
Things are a lot less quiet in the apartment these days with four missionaries around. Elder Grant, Elder Moyes, Elder Packer and I are all different guys but, we have already had a ton of fun together. I'm already dreading transfers and the fact we might be separated. My new companion, Elder Grant, is from Bountiful, Utah and he's someone that I know is going to push me to become better.

This week was full of adjustment and getting our bearings again so there's not much to say this week, but I will share a scripture I really enjoyed this week found in 1 Peter 3:15: 15 "But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear."
I feel like this scripture applies to both our purpose as missionaries, and our purpose as mission leaders. As missionaries, our purpose is to share the hope that the Plan of Salvation brings through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. We never know when these opportunities to share the gospel will come, but we need to be ready when they do. As leaders, it's our job to lead our missionaries with Christlike love and motivate them to do hard things by pushing them with challenging goals. Elder Grant and I have decided to push our zone goal from 75 baptisms to 95 baptisms, knowing that the Lord will help us do hard things.

The rain is coming back to Rwanda, time continues to move, President Collings comes for Zone Conference next week, and things couldn't be better for me right now. 
Elders Caught in a Down Pour!

Now You See It...
Now You Don't!

I love you all,

Elder Hazen

No comments:

Post a Comment