Monday, January 16, 2017

Weekly Update~ "End of An Era"

Dear Family and Friends,

First of all, thank you so much to all those who have reached out and expressed their condolences to my family in regard to Grandma Melendez. We miss her dearly and the love is appreciated. With all the perspective I've gained on my mission about this gospel, I am completely at peace with everything. Yes, I'm extremely sad I wasn't able to see her again, but I know where she is and I will see her again! I have complete trust and confidence in that gospel truth!

Today marks the end of an era. We received transfer news today and I am finally heading back to Uganda to finish the remainder of my mission. It has been the best 9 1/2 months of my life with greatest companions, districts, members, and memories. I could literally spend all night talking about how wonderful this stretch has been.

In the dedicatory prayer of Rwanda for missionary work, there is a particular part that sticks out to me. In the middle of the prayer, Elder Holland says, "We pray for the missionaries that will yet come, that they will be inspired in their rendezvous with destiny. Truly that destiny and the future is bright."  I know without a doubt that it was determined in the pre-earth life that I would be called to serve in the particular country of Rwanda at this particular time; a time filled with so much excitement, innovation, development, and hope of the future. I have seen so many wonderful miracles and individuals come exponentially closer to our Savior Jesus Christ as they've taken their first steps on their covenant path back to our Father in Heaven. I have done nothing to bring these things to pass, glory be to the Father that I have been able to participate in the conversion process as a tool in his hands. I know that Rwanda truly will be a beacon, an example to the rest of the continent of Africa as prophesied by Elder Holland. 

(Saying His Goodbyes to His Friends in Rwanda)











I am excited to serve in Kampala again, in a stake that will be organized this coming Sunday. I know the Lord has great things in store for me and I am looking to give him my all these remaining months. 

In the mean time before I update you all next week, enjoy these pictures taken at Akagera National Park at our zone last hurrah today. We finally found our elephant. 








I love you all,

Elder Hazen

No comments:

Post a Comment