Monday, April 3, 2017

Weekly Update~ "General Conference Edition 1"

Dear Family and Friends,
My emails are going to have a common theme for the next two weeks as they will be focused on General Conference. Can you blame me? We are so unbelievably blessed to have Prophets, Seers, and Revelators in this present world we live in who communicate directly with God who tell us exactly what he wants us to know.  Conference for most of you has already come and gone, but Elder Chifamba and I are gearing up and preparing everyone and their dog to make it priority to be at the chapel in Nsambya on Saturday and Sunday. It reminds me of 6 months ago when Brother Ndarra stayed for all 4 sessions of conference, and soon thereafter, was baptized with his wife and three children. If the Spirit can testify to the hearts of these 5 wonderful people as they listened to Conference, then it absolutely can happen to others. 


If you are wondering what kind of impact the Kenya Nairobi temple announcement has on Uganda, it is monumental. Uganda is currently part of the Johannesburg South Africa temple district and it is nearly impossible to travel there as a family without the assistance of the Temple Patron Assistance fund. With it, only one trip is guaranteed, leaving many members here with only one visit to the temple in their lifetime. The Kenya Nairobi temple on the other hand, when completed, will be 40 dollars roundtrip for a bus ticket. The comparison is night and day. There are so many faithful, ready members of the church here ready to receive temple blessings for themselves, and their families, and many anxiously awaiting to return again. I am so excited for the people of East Africa and the blessings will begin to pour in waves upon this people as they begin to catch the image of what the temple means for them. 

I was able to watch the second half of the Sunday Morning session live at Bishop Omuya's house with him and his family. Sister Omuya made banana pancakes for us and it made me feel like I was with my own family at home in the basement enjoying German Pancakes conference breakfast which I'm sure they were doing at that very time. I'm thankful to be a member of this church and I know that it is true. 

I love you all,
Elder Hazen

No comments:

Post a Comment