|RJ found Santa in Uganda!|
|Christmas Morning Breakfast|
|Elder RJ Talking with His Family, Just Look at that Smile!|
|Area Christmas Party|
|The Way They Roll|
|Some of Elder Hazen's Christmas Gifts|
Dear Friends and Family,
- Biggest Adjustment?- I'd say my biggest adjustment was learning to adapt to the culture here and sticking out like a sore thumb. The people here definitely don't mind reminding us that we are different by yelling out to us on the side of the streets, but at the same time, most people are very kind here.
- What is President Chatfield like?- I'm thankful that this mission is being led by President Chatfield. He is a great leader and is very uplifting and encouraging to us Missionaries. He reminds us to stay focused on our purpose, have faith, and to be obedient.
- How is the church here?- In Lugazi in particular, the Branch is still fairly new. However, it is growing stronger week by week. I'm so excited to see what this next year has in store for this branch because the work is really beginning to pick up.
- Favorite part of Africa?- My favorite part of Africa right now is how ready these people are to receive the Gospel in their lives. Many people are beginning to see the blessings the Gospel brings and are eager to share the happiness they've been able to feel.
- Are you having fun?- OF COURSE. I love my mission so much and it's brought blessings to my life I can't begin to describe
This week, aside from talking to my family, I think the biggest highlight was being able to extend baptism dates to a family of 7. We are very excited to see what the future has in store with them. This week, Elder Dowdle and I have 4 baptisms planned. I'll talk more about the people next week.
I hope you all have a wonderful New Years. Take the opportunity to start the New Year right by making goals to improve habits with scripture study, prayer, keeping the Sabbath Day Holy, and temple attendance.
I love you all!