Tuesday, October 6, 2015

"Weekly Update~ 2 Months Down!"







Hey Everyone!
  This week wasn't too eventful with transfers but, it flew by! I have a new companion, Elder Mair, from Henderson, Las Vegas. He's a stud. We get along super well and are working hard. He's got a solid testimony and I've already learned so much from him. Missionary work is serious, we shouldn't waste time, but it's good to have fun and laugh a little.  I know the Lord doesn't want us to be unhappy or sad for two years when we as missionaries carry the greatest message in the world! 
  We have two more baptisms coming up next week. Their names are Lily and Jocelyn. Lily works with a local radio station and is super powerful.  She is already talking about her desire to serve a mission! Jocelyn is just as strong and has a niece we are trying to teach as well.
  This week during fast and testimony meeting, Charles, one of the members we baptized last week, got up and bore a powerful testimony about missionary work and how his life has changed. Elder Mair was asking me this week what my favorite part about being on my mission has been and I think the answer is seeing how far the people I've taught have progressed and seeing how the gospel has blessed their lives. I've literally seen people's countenances change over time and seen how the gospel has lifted their burdens. It makes me so happy and it just motivates me to do more. If any of you ever need help or are going through a trial, the answer to everything is our Savior and his atonement. That's one of the biggest things Elder Mair has taught me so far and I'm glad I've learned it early on mission. I love you all!
Love, 
Elder Hazen

No comments:

Post a Comment