Monday, August 10, 2015

We Finally Got Our First Letter From the Mission Training Center!

Dear Mom and Dad,
  Holy crap, these have been the longest, yet shortest days of my life. I've only been here for a little over 24 hours, but it feels like I've been here forever. I feel like I'm a pro at this mission thing already. 
  I guess I'll start from the very beginning when you dropped me off. Elder Clark was my missionary host which was such a blessing because the first hour in the MTC was crazy and it was nice to have a familiar face to answer all my questions. 
  After I drop my bags off at my room I was shipped straight off to my classroom and I met my companion. His name is Elder Packer and he is from Kaysville, Utah. He went to Davis Highschool and he's in the band. He played the trombone. He's a nice kid and I think we'll get along well. Dad your description of my first companion couldn't be more accurate. 
  After get to know you games with my class (my district).  We went to the new missionary orientation. Nothing is cooler than standing there with a bunch of Missionaries singing "Called to Serve".  After orientation and hearing from the MTC presidency we went to dinner. 
  I've already seen so many people I know including both Elder Goeckeritz',  ELder Burraston, Elder Norton (who's on my floor in residence hall)  Elder Searle and Elder Ingersoll.  I also saw Elder Spencer Larson and Elder Josh York. 
  I slept surprisingly well for my first night. My district and zone are awesome.  I have moments of missing home. Then I'm reminded,  you'll be OK. 
  Thank you for all your love and support. I loved all your letters. I'm doing great, tell Justy to stop crying. Tell Tyler it's hard to work out and tell everyone in the family I love them. My P- Day is Wednesday so I'll email you all then.  My address is on the letter envelope so please give it out and tell everyone to write me. I'll talk to you guys soon. I'm so glad I'm here and I know this is what I should be doing. 
Love,
Elder RJ Hazen




No comments:

Post a Comment